I am not a baker. I do not have the patience for baking or the attention span. However, I have discovered in the past few years that I am ironically not too bad at “healthy baking”. Taking a decadent desert and swapping out just a few ingredients to cut the calories is surprisingly easy! Plus, it’s a great excuse to justify eating two or three at a time!
After stumbling upon a pretty basic Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies recipe on Pinterest, I took their version and spiced it up a bit. Again, if you are someone who is tied to a recipe, this might not be for you. Like most of my recipes, this one especially is super interchangeable depending on taste or the ingredients you have left over. This is my take!
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- a splash of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease one cookie sheet
- Combined all ingredients together into a big bowl.
- Once ingredients are combined equally, take an ice cream scooper or big spoon and scoop batter onto cookie sheet into even proportion sizes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let them cool and enjoy!